If you're a mama, you have no doubt had days where the simplest tasks end up taking twice as long as you've allotted. Tantrums and boo-boos need to be tended to in the middle of the Target aisle. Coffee spills and potty breaks amid a basket full of groceries seem to make a "quick trip" to the store almost insurmountable. Then a stranger, inconvenienced by you and your children, says something that's completely unnecessary, proving that "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" is a categorically untrue statement. This was our morning.
My kids played witness to my tears of anger, disappointment and embarrassment as we left the store. Anger quickly resolved to sadness for the stranger who, for whatever reason, found it necessary to take out her own frustrations on us. Then I moved on to thinking about all the single mamas out there that do this daily task of parenting, often times without the help or affirmation that they deserve. Rather than giving that woman's harsh words any more voice today, I remember these:
Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD,
the fruit of the womb a reward. Psalm 127:3
In honor of moms, I'd like to offer a few free photo sessions to single moms, two in Dallas and two in Houston. If you know a mama who deserves some updated pictures with her little one(s) and you would like to nominate her, please email me the following
- Your name and contact info
- Your nominee's name and contact info (phone and/or email)
- A brief statement about why she's a great mom
Some additional details:
- I will choose up to two women in Dallas and two women in Houston to receive a free mini-session. Dallas dates will be limited to upcoming trips I already have scheduled.
- Submissions will be taken until Friday, August 29th, 2014.
- At this time, the giveaway is limited to single moms.
- If your nomination is not chosen, you will have the option to purchase a deeply discounted session as a gift for her.
- If your nominee is chosen, I will contact you before getting in touch with her.
If you have someone in mind, let me know. And better yet, send her a quick note or phone call of encouragement today. She may need it more than you know.
**Submissions are now closed. Thank you for your nominations!!